And now for my diary of Docu-Night IV (I've missed two documentary nights...sorry)
10:00-Tonight's movie is Grey Gardens, a documentary about Big and Little Edie Beale. The Beales are the cousin and aunt of Jackie O. They lived together in a dilapidated mansion in the Hamptons. They were effing insane. Apparently this movie is hilarious, let's see.
10:01-Showdown for control of the TV room. Seniors win, as always
10:04-Catherine gives the opening speech dressed as young Edie from the movie. Fun fact: Jackie O had to donate $32,000 to clean the Beale house up.
10:06-Showdown over the party mix and Nicky's birthday cookie. The rest of us are pissed because we didn't get birthday cookies in our mailbox this year, we thought they had stopped that. Nicky somehow got one. Now she has the balls to make fun of the party mix that we're chowing down on while she eats her precious cookie. This got very hostile very fast.
10:08-I can't understand a word they're saying
10:17-I honestly have no clue what's going on
10:18-The phrase "Fake Mexican Divorce" was just used. In related news we had Mexican Orange Torte at dinner tonight, best dessert ever!
10:22-the people we just fought for control of the room are making noise in the next room over. Paige turns the TV up really loud to drown them out. I cover my ears and demand that it be turned back down....I don't like loud noises
10:30-We decide that we really don't like this documentary. These people are clearly mentally troubled. This isn't funny like Grizzly Man. BOOOOOOO!
10:33-"She's not mentally disturbed, she's just old"
10:36-We discuss a friend who is related to the Kennedy family. We're noticing some eeiry similarities between her and the Beales.
10:40-Ari claims the oldest documentary in existence is about a coal mining town in PA. Nicky want's to know if that documentary is the 1983 Tom Cruise classic "All the Right Moves". Drew agrees with me that it's a quality film, everyone else just groans.
10:45-Gah, stop yelling!
10:56-I'm making my powerpoint rather than watching. I've given up. I need to start becoming more proactive about picking the documentaries
11:02-Ari: Have any of you ever seen cats do it? Everyone in room: Of cour...actually....no.... This is a mystery that will haunt me for the rest of the night.
11:05-Paige announces that she has a documentary about the documentary in case we're interested. We all decline
11:07- The Beales are talking about someone named "Golandsky" (Chiz, this one's for you)
11:12: The Beales have a sign that says "In Bathtub" that they put on their door. I need one of those
11:32-This is still going on?
11:39-Seriously, this has to end soon right?
11:40-It's over, time for post-documentary discussion. Paige is trying to get us to watch the documentary about the documentary. I refuse.
11:42-Time to choose next weeks, I've thrown Spellbound back into the ring. It goes! I get to give next weeks speech. Megan gets angry because she suggested it last time and was denied the opportunity to give the speech. This might get ugly. Stay tuned for next week.
3 comments:
I'd like to suggest Hoop Dreams, Murderball, and March of the Penguins for your future "Documentary Wednesday" events! :)
I've already suggest Hoop Dreams...frequently. It's been turned down....frequently. I've been wanting to see Murderball, that's a good suggestion. I'll bring it up at our next meeting.
Murderball is really good- how about I bring it up so you don't steal another introduction from me?
Post a Comment