Thursday, January 29, 2009

Give me a child until he is seven, and I will give you a man

10:03-Worst day ever. Not sure how long I'll last here. I have bronchitis and quite frankly feel like death. Also, the soda machine just stole my money...technically it was Megan's money so I'm not as upset as I would otherwise be. I'll be frank, however, this is FAR from my best work.

10:06-Not sure what we're watching. Megan dropped the ball and didn't get Darkon, so now she has to wear a dunce cap and make an apology. Nicky brought backups, it appears we're watching the 7up series. The 7Up series follows a bunch of British youngsters from the age of 7 in 1964 through present day. 

10:10-Drew is missing. Ari is here but Drew is not. Ari goes up to her room because she is concerned that he might be "touching her stuff" which apparently is "against the rules"

10:11-Nicky makes the speech. She makes fun of Megan using an incredibly obscene phrase. Wow. Unexpected. WHOA! Surprise twist, Nicky dropped the ball and had her Netflix sent to her house rather than her house. She claims it's Netflix's fault.

10:13-Megan's apology takes the form of an interview as Paige berates her, questioning her allegiance to the club

10:14-"Enter the struggling world of the seven year old"

10:15-Already have a favorite, he wears a scarf and speaks ridiculously proper. He would judge me for saying "ridiculously proper"

10:17-All of the kids are horrible at time management. They're all late for school

10:21-Suzie has a 13 year old boyfriend. Holy moly. I don't really know how to handle this news

10:22-hahahaha, they're beating the crap out of each other

10:24-Capturing the Friedmans has left us all a little sensitive to comments about the children

10:29-Nicky tries to bring up the fact that she didn't get to go outside during school again. 

10:31-There is one kid who serves as his house captain. He's a jackass, but I want to be him. He leads exercises and the band....and he's 7. LOVE him

10:34-Ths one kid's parents are missionaries and he claims to have girlfriends all over the world

10:36-British children are born 40 years old

10:44-Ah, racism. Always enjoyable....

10:52-Tony is nicknamed "monkey". I swear to God he can climb anything!

10:53-They took all of the kids to the park. Everyone played together, except for the kids they found in an orphanage. They set to work building a house out of scrap wood on the edges of the park. Wow. Sad. 

10:53-End of 7 Up.

10:54: Begin 7+7

10:55-"Give me a child until they are 7 and I will give you a man"-We have heard that phrase at least 30 times. OUCH. This is the awkward stage

10:56-Oh this is epic. Wow, British teenagers are NOT attractive

11:02-Heh, one of them ended up in Austrailia.

11:09-HOLY CRAP! A dog is TEARING apart a rabbit in the back of this interview. 

11:11-Nicholas has the same glasses as Paige. He amuses himself by throwing rocks at rapid speed. 

11:20-Suzy refuses to look at the camera. It's driving me insane

11:24-These people grew up boring

11:25-The soda machine just took peoples money. I would have stopped them, but I'm still bitter

11:32-They're discussing their weekly allowances. Nicky is confused by British money

11:36-I feel terrible. ughhhhhhhhhhhhh, sickkkkkkk

11:40-seriously, boring, boring, boring 14 year olds

11:44-"Give me a child until he is 7, and I will give you a man"

11:50-The gang continues on to the third one. I call it a night and head to bed. 

4 comments:

Sarah Moody said...

"British children are born 40 years old"

is hannah part british? lol

Anonymous said...

You might want to see if you can get "an American Family" on tape (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_American_Family). Haven't seen it in years, but they're brilliantly dysfunctional as I recall -- like real-life Bluths, although that was in the early 70s, so perhaps they'd seem completely normal today.

Anonymous said...

Oh, sick! Do you want Mom?

(chicken soup, hot tea with lemon and honey, a light supper, clean sheets, humidifier, the new People magazine....)

Finn

Megan said...

the poor kids got sexxxy in the third one, you missed out