-Went to class without collecting my printouts. The prof couldn't get the media system working, and thus was unable to pull up the power point. I leapt at the chance to help her out, hoping to distract her from the fact that I didn't have the readings with me. If there's one thing I've acquired through my summers at CES, it's an understanding of media systems. There have been numerous times at BMC when I've managed to gain major brownie points with professors by getting power points and movies to work. I'm pretty awesome at it, doesn't matter that a monkey could do it, the profs don't realize that. So I saunter up there like a jackass and say "Oh, I can help you with that". Yea, it doesn't work. I start to panic. Have they changed the systems? Is my one skill now useless? My prof is giving me the "Who's the big shot now, huh?!?!" glare while I frantically press buttons. She was just about to call media services (the ultimate bruise to my ego) when I say 'oh, you never turned your computer on, that's why it's not projecting'. So a major blow to my ego turned into a minor blow.
-Highlights from class? While discussing immigration in New Jersey one girl raised her hand and said "Well I had the opportunity to go to New Jersey a few months ago and..." what the hell?!?!? We're in Pennsylvania, screw that we're in the Philadelphia area! New Jersey isn't Australia. I "had the opportunity to go to New Jersey" last week for an hour. It's so close that I"m pretty sure it is in fact cheaper for me to drive there just to get gas. People amaze me.
2 comments:
I'm sorry, was her comment supposed to mean that by going to New Jersey she was thus an immigrant into another country?
Thanks for the Australia shout out. Your subconscious is def thinking about me
well i've recently had the opportunity to go to oxford valley mall. it was a very enriching experience
Post a Comment