Thanks for trying.
-Me
We had a big debate watching party last night in the campus center. I get nervous when large groups of Mawrtyrs gather, there are too many wild-cards in the student population that could go crazy at any time. Plus politics get people all riled up. This had all the makings of a "well that was a horrible decision" story. So of course MSNBC decided to come along and film it. This led to the high comedy of everyone messing up and calling Luke Russert "Luke Wilson". Background: while I was abroad, rumor has it Luke Wilson filmed a movie on campus. Apparently a big deal. I wouldn't know, all the fun stuff happens after I leave campus. Anyway, I enjoyed watching the poor kid cringe every time someone messed up and called him Luke Wilson. We also decided that he could totally pass as a Haver-boy, most likely a soccer playing one. Apparently there was a debate going on as well? Anyway, the original point of this entry. Every student from Delaware that I've met has shared with me how they are personally best friends with Joe Biden. All of them use the word "friend". Not "I've met him" or "He lives near me" but all actually consider themselves to have a friendly relationship with him. Now Delaware is a small state, and I imagine that some probably have worked for him, or live near him, however I find it hard to believe that Biden is friends with ALL of Delaware. So until some of you admit that your relationship is actually based off of a handshake at a car dealership one Sunday morning, I'm going to go hang out with my biffles Bruce Springsteen and Jon Stewart.
3 comments:
Hey! I came up with the word "biffle" you totally stole that from me.
I have to say that I have a close relationship with anyone remotely famous who comes out of Virginia... just FYI, Mari.
true: i actually do know of a delaware student who is actually friends with joe biden. their families have dinner together, etc. so...they're not ALL making it up.
Post a Comment