As with most things that fascinate me, I quickly forgot about it until OMP e-mailed me a few months ago to tell me he had discovered it's awesomeness. If it has the OMP seal of approval, you know it's good. I spent a few more hours doing some mindless wordling, then again, forgot about it.
Within the past week I noticed that my friends at school were starting to produce wordles out of no where. Apparently the popular thing to do is input your thesis into Wordle and see what comes out. Seeing them brought me back to a simpler time when I didn't have any obligations. People were happy if I showed up within 30 minutes of the time I said I would show up and had on a shirt that had been cleaned within the past two weeks. A time when people didn't expect papers or for me to meet deadlines, but rather to simply look busy. Ignoring all of my other obligations I went back to Wordle and I haven't stopped.
This is a long introduction to a post that is not actually about Wordle. The long story short is that I decided to Wordle the blog. Here is what came out

As you can see, Nicky's name was significantly larger than anyone elses. Mild outrage ensued as my friends discovered that Nicky was getting far more coverage in the blog than they were and it was demanded that I somehow make up for this. This was great as it allowed me to ask for permission for a segment that I had been wanting to do for sometime but didn't know how they would react. I asked if they would be willing to be featured in a "Meet a Friend" blog entry that each time will highlight a person that I frequently mention in other posts. Expecting mild hesitation I was surprised to get an eager YES! DEFINITELY! from most of them. Actually I shouldn't have been surprised, my friends are fame whores. I was put off by their eagerness so I've decided to twirk it a little into "Let's Ruin a Friend's Future" So now, without further ado, let's ruin Paige's future!
Name: Paige S
Not to be confused with: Paige W
Nicknames: P-safe, Paiger, Paigealicious (Drew came up with this one, not us)
Proper pronunciation of last name: Saf-yer
How I like to pronounce her last name: Safe-yer, Saphire
Where I first met her: Junior year at the vegan co-op on campus.
Favorite party spot: Still the vegan co-op (seriously underrated parties)
Hometown: Somewhere on Long Island
Once committed a felony: Yes
Most often heard saying: Alright, here's the plan...
Favorite food: Little Charlies Pizza
Outfit she wore to her Bryn Mawr interview: Unicorn t-shirt
Short term goals: Getting more involved in the community. Example? She suggests we should go to a local high school play.
Why does Paige want to go to a local high school play: I assume to steal their weed
Long term goals: Research assistant in psych
Creepiest hobby: Collects music boxes
Creepiest thing ever said: "If I were a serial killer I would be the music box killer. I would collect a music box for every person I killed"
Again, creepiest hobby: Already has an extensive music box collection
Reason we're friends with her: Fear
4 comments:
While I am flattered to be the first friend profiled on your blog, I feel that this entry was lacking in details. Also, that picture is horrible.
i love it. i look forward to reading these
HAhah. I also enjoy how the close second to me was Werner, how appropriate.
Dude.
So as soon as I saw the first line to this post, I was like AWESOME! I CAN WORDLE MY DIV III! Because what else do I ever do with my life, right? So I did that, and was pleased, and was about to run around and show it off, and then I realized that you mentioned that that is the first thing everybody does. I'm not unique. There's nothing special about me. Everything I've ever done has already been done.
Fuck.
Time to drink.
Post a Comment