Monday, February 23, 2009

Gonna Roll This Trucken' Convoy 'Cross the USA

I decided to start playing around with the look of the blog today. I saw a bunch that had cool headers and decided I wanted something cool like that for mine. This is a start, I still need to work out some of the colors. For some reason you can change some things but not others, hence the white text in the title and the strange strip of orange underneath the picture. Hopefully I'll have that worked out later. 

It's been a pretty big and blogable (and not so blogable) week at Bryn Mawr, so I'll get to that later this week. Not right now, though, I'm tired and not in the mood. As I told my prof earlier today "It's been a long day". She replied "It's only 10 AM and you already used that excuse last week".  Dammit, nothing gets by her. 

Leave me a comment about anything. Like the new look? Thoughts on the Oscars? Think I'm pretty awesome and just wanted to let me know? Trying to contact me in order to serve me with court papers? Let me know, it's about time you readers started pulling your own weight on this blog.

Finally in "Thought it would be the greatest news in the world but turned out to be the worst" news

There is a cover of "Convoy" out there.....and it's terrible. 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

A far better song of that era is "Eastbound and Down" from the Smokey and the Bandit movie, sung by the late Jerry Reed. No decent video (e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN8dP4CoFaw), but a far better song than Convoy, which was a cheap attempt to exploit the CB radio craze of the mid 1970s. --OMP

Marianna said...

How dare you insult Convoy. How dare you.

Amanda said...

I like the new layout.

Anonymous said...

I fear change. What is this? I guess it looks better but I like familiarity.

Sarah Moody said...

i love the new look. the crafting picture is a most excellent example of why you are failing senior year lol

Пероша said...

Marianna, I am sad that I will not interact with you next year probably. Thanks for spreading your sense of humor via blogginess so that I can keep up whilst in Russia. :)

Anonymous said...

I had no idea you were such a fan of Convoy. If so, you might enjoy the Polish country music group Konwój, whose website can be found here: http://www.konwoj.art.pl/. Go to demos and listen, especially Cotton Hey[sic] Joe. When I first heard them on a televised performance at the Country Piknik in Mrągowo in 1988, I knew communism was dead. -OMP

Marianna said...

And as for you OMP, I suggest that you listen to CW McCalls follow up to Convoy, called Round the World With Rubber Duck. It mixes truckers and political incorrectness.

Also I suggest everyone follow OMPs link, it is excellent

Anonymous said...

Perhaps then you might want to discover the world of Polish trucker music, of which the most prominent exponent is Lonstar. See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-Xu_qlcItE ("18 Wheels") and check out the related videos. --OMP